Saturday, August 13, 2011

In Other News

So much has been going on lately with so little time to blog. First I became primary pres for my my ward. It feels like a HUGE undertaking but the ladies I work with are the most amazing women I have ever met. I adore them and they make Sundays so enjoyable. And the children...well I have the best primary ever. The kids are smart, funny, adorable and eager to learn. I love my calling.
Second, we got a dog. Not quite a puppy but not quite full grown either. May I present Kitten Lemon Squeeze Redding.


Named by none other than my 2 babes. She is a sweetheart and we call her Kitty. She lives up to her name. She is 100% TERRIFIED of water, and thinks she belongs in your lap. Always. She is a boxer mix and we love her so much.
And my last bit of news, yesterday at the mall my dear child (Andrew) was playing and when I called him to me he turned and ran head first into a display table corner. I ran over and grabbed him and realized he was covered in blood. The store had no paper towels at the register and no first aid kit so I used my sweater to apply pressure. After filling out the paperwork I took him home. As I was cleaning it out I realized that his hair had been clotting it up and that it was really quite a nasty gash. So we headed off to the er where we spent two hours and he came out the proud owner of two staples. I think I cried more than he did! He was such a champ and I am so proud of him. Today he is running around like normal and all he cares about is that we get a good picture of them. Which so far we haven't but here is one anyway.


5 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh! That is gross. I would have freaked out and been bawling my eyes out too! Cute puppy! We are going to get a dog soon too. Not sure what kind we want yet, but I really want either a lab mix or a border collie mix of some sort.

Ki said...

Beautiful dog, and the name . . . is PERFECT! I'm glad your little one is running around like a nut again. I don't know why they do that, but I have a boy who's nearly torn of his toe twice now, and still refuses to wear shoes.

Being a mom--always exciting.

Erin said...

Oh man! so sorry about Andrew's head. He's been trying to kill himself since he was born. The doggie is BEAUTIFUL! It'll be nice to have another girl in the house :) Have fun with her1

Chani said...

Your puppy is adorable! I am so glad your little boy is ok. Head wounds can be a little scary, but it is nice that children heal so quickly. I love seeing your family!

Brimaca said...

Sheesh!