Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lonely

Well he's gone. And by him I mean David. He was sworn into the Air Force today around 11. We said good-bye shortly there after. Hardest thing I think I'll ever have to do. I tried so hard to be strong but I couldn't help sobbing on his shoulder. But I am proud I never once asked him to stay. I just cried, hard, for a minute then collected myself enough to kiss him and tell him I love him and I was proud of him, then I walked out with my head held high. And stayed strong all day, till now. It's 11:35 and I can't bring myself to go to bed yet. Not ready to sleep alone, for at least 4 more months. My apartment used to feel so small now it seems a little bigger and much more lonely.
David always puts the boys to bed so tonight was a little strange for them. Tristan seems to be adjusting ok and he was the one I was worried about. He keeps telling me that Daddy is on an airplane and that we will be flying with him soon. But Andrew funnily enough is not adjusting well. He's been waking up every hour since I put him down and crying for "Da Da". He just gets more aggravated when I go in and try and calm him. Poor kid. I know how he feels.
For any woman who has been through this and survived, I commend you. You are truly remarkable.

8 comments:

Brimaca said...

Aaawwww. I'm sorry. I'm sure it's going to take some time too before you feel better. Call me if you need to! I'll love to make you feel better or just take your mind off it will all my family drama. :) Love you!

Ki said...

We commend you. You are remarkable. Thank you.

Leslie said...

Susan, you are so brave. Make good use of your awesome 7th ward girlfriends, okay? I'll be thinking of you, and hoping that the next 4 months fly by somehow.

nicole said...

I'm so sorry! Please call me for any help and I'll come running!

Rae said...

Oh, I wish you lived in St.George so we could hang out and comfort each other. When Phill was deployed, Reed noted every airplane that passed--he thought Phill was in each one! :) You can do this! You are stronger than you can even fathom.

Eric and Jodi Eames said...

I second Natasha's notion...PUH-LEEZ take advantage of our ward!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I have leaned on the sisters in this ward who were there for me during some of my rough times. I would be MORE than happy to repay the kindness that has been so lovingly and generously given to me. I luv ur guts so so much my dear call me day or night SERIOUSLY!!!

Ben said...

I admire you both, Susan. Good luck, and know that we're pullin' for ya.

Kristin said...

I work late, so if you're ever up and need to IM. Find me on Google Talk.