So here's the deal. I am very self conscious about the way I write and sounding stupid and uneducated (since I never went to High School) so I hardly ever review the books I've read. But since I've had a few requests I will, as long as you promise not to judge to harshly.
Wildwood Dancing is a twist off of 12 Dancing Princesses expect there are only 5 sisters and no princesses. There are also vampires, an enchanted frog, and a wood full of magical creatures. I had a hard time getting into the book, but about half way through it started to pick up. It's a little dark, but not so much that it tainted the story. Over all I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy.
The Recluctant Fundamentalist I really don't even know how to review this book. It's a super easy read and really very facinating. I am going to go back and read it agian in a few months. It is about a Pakastanian who is telling the story of his life in America just before and right after 9/11.
The Glass Castle This book was a little hard for me to read. Not becuase it wasn't written well, but because of all the hardships the Walls family had to endure. That being said, after I was able to get into it I could barely but it down. I just had to know what was going to happen this family. It really make me grateful for my life and my hardships. If you enjoys memoirs or need an enlightening book it's a good one.
P.S. Rae you should totally read Glass Castle I think you'd love it!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Reviews
Posted by Susan at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Never went to high school? What? Are you serious? Not that I care if you ever even went to elementary school, but... did you really never go to high school? I wanna know! PS-- I am gonna write David a letter tonight. If you hear from him at all I would love to know how he is doing.
Not even a day Shaun I swear! I got my GED when I was like 20, but never got the privilege of going to High School. I was "home schooled" and that meant my parents bought the books but never checked to see if I even did the work.
Now we're getting somewhere! Thanks for your opinions!
And I totally didn't know about the high school thing. I've never ever thought of you as uneducated or unintelligent. Don't sell yourself short, Susan!
That is crazy... but not in a bad way. I never knew it and never would have guessed it. In fact, I have been under the impression that you had attended a few years of college... you don't have to tell me if I am right or not, but I will continue to think you are a bright person either way. Besides, some educated people are the dumbest people I know. I once listened to a girl in one of my math classes at BYU ask if rockets and satellites could really go into outer-space. She was dead serious and didn't think anything could go through the atmosphere... so school does not equal educated.
You're silly. You are so smart and we all know it. I have two degrees and as I prepare my blog book I laugh at all my errors. What can I say?
Post a Comment