Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tender Mercies at 2 a.m.

Yesterday was a horrible day. I woke up with a HUGE headache that ended up as a migraine. I had run around like a mad woman trying to get all my errands done. And while I was trying to take some time out for me and hang out with a friend, Tristan broke one of her knickknacks. The boys were both sick and grumpy and I had more to do than I had time to do it! It just wasn't working for me and I was more stressed than I have been in a long time. After the kids went to bed, I wanted nothing more than to call a good friend and go get some ice-cream. The problem, I don't have any friends that I am that close with yet. David was busy with his CDC's and so I did the only thing I could do. I cried while cleaning my kitchen, and then went to bed early.
I woke up around midnight and was super restless. I couldn't get comfortable, and my brain was going crazy! About two hours later I was still tossing and turning when I heard both my boys start crying very loudly. Normally I let them cry it out for a bit and they go back to sleep, but last night I got up to see what I could do. I went in and picked up Andrew. He curled up on my shoulder and told me he loved me. I then sat down by Tristan's bed and then tickled his back for a minute. After getting them both situated they smiled sweetly at me, gave me hugs and kisses and fell asleep with smiles on their little faces. And that is what holds me together when I feel like I'm not enough and when I feel so lonely that my heart breaks. That middle of the night tender mercy from my sweet boys, made my week. I now feel back to normal and like I can take on the world again.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I so needed to read this today! I am feeling pretty down these days but Shelby is the only thing that keeps me going! She got into my makeup today and I was already upset over something else (not having to do with her) and I got really mad at her and was crying. She came over and gave me a huge hug and kissed my cheek and said, "Sorry Mommy." I stopped and gave her a hug and thanked her for apologizing.

Brimaca said...

Thanks for calling today. Thanks for caring about us even though you'd have a rough day yesterday! You're awesome. Sweet, sweet boys. Some nights I go into my kids and just pick them up too. I love it.

Kristin said...

Wish you were closer! I had some days like this right after we got Jalen. I felt like the worst mother ever. I think we all have moments like these. Glad your little ones were able to cheer you up.