Monday, February 8, 2010

What I've been doing lately

Crafting. It's my new love. I LOATHE scrapbooking and have never been a super creative crafty girl but ever since we moved here I seem to have caught the bug. And not just cutesy things either. I have learned to LOVE building. I am the proud new owner of a planer and have used a nail gun, chop saw, and other various tools. And here is my new love:
My coffee table. It still looks a little industrial because I bought the wrong kind of wood putty so I'll be fixing that next week. Also it looks a little splotchy in the picture but it's really not. And I am madly in love with it. It cost me 30 dollars to build and it was so much fun. I loved every second. I did about 9o% myself and then David helped with the rest. He was so patient with me and I love working with him. We are going to make matching end tables next. I seriously can't wait!

Here are the rest of my crafts. Nothing too big but I enjoyed them none the less!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Cute stuff!

Ki said...

Lovely blond with adorable giggle and power tools. Your husband got really really lucky.

Ara said...

That is FANTASTIC!!! I love your coffee table! I wish I had time to be artsy and crafty.

me said...

i LOVE the table!

Rae said...

SUSAN! THE TABLE! Oh my word. How did you learn to do it? I've been telling Phill I want to learn to build things (with wood)!

Kayla said...

That is AWESOME! Maybe you should start a carpentry business...

Erin said...

Very cute! Very cool!

Brimaca said...

That table is awesome!!! I wish we could have worked on some things together! Darn it! Now you live to far away. :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Susan, I'm incredibly impressed with your coffee table. Wow! But what really caught my eye was that adorable picture of you and David in that frame you made. Got any copies?