Monday, April 19, 2010

Wow

Hello! I know it's been a while but here's the deal. A few weeks ago I turned on our computer and it started going crazy! It wouldn't let me open any files and kept opening the Internet to weird pages. So we have been without for a while. David's friend Ryan finally came and fixed it for us and found out that I got all the viruses from the county library website! And to top it off a few weeks while I was getting ready for the day, Andrew pulled a chair up to the island in our kitchen and stuck our camera in my orange juice. So now we have no camera!
March and April were really busy months for us. Andrew turned 2! Then Easter, then David's birthday, we went to Florida, had family photos done on the beach, David took Tristan on a Father/Son camp out, and we have no pictures for most of them!
Andrew is getting crazy! Normally if I want to shower I put a show on for the boys and all is well. No longer. Last week while I was showering Andrew emptied all the dirty dishes from the sink, poured cups of water all over the kitchen floor, pulled all the DVD's from the shelves, all the books from the bookcase, all the pillows from the couch(there are 13!) and all the toys from the bucket. I would have cried if I wasn't laughing at how insane it is. My showers last no more than 8 minutes! He is a fast mover! I would have loved to take a picture of the damage but he had already ruined the camera! Even still he is a sweet loving boy. Full of surprises. Last night he counted to 3 in Spanish! He also can recognize most letters, count to 16, and he talks almost better than me! When I took him into his 2 year well check the nurse and doctor kept saying how chatty he was and how impressed they were at his vocal skills. I attribute it to Tristan. He is forever correcting him and teaching him. Andrew is 50% for height and 20% for weight. They project him at being 5' 2"! He's my little man!
Tristan is doing amazingly well. He misses his friends and talks about India, Ella, Lexi, and Allyssa all the time. (All girls). Here he has no friends that are girls! Tristan is starting to read a very little. It's fun to watch him learn. He also is such a great help to me. He LOVES camping and asks to go all the time! He is no longer afraid of the ocean and we're going to have to start going several times a week. He is still a MAJOR Daddy's boy and gets upset every morning when David leaves for work.
David is doing really well at work. He's still loving it, and just became the PTL (physical training leader), he stays really busy between work and Scouts but still manages to make me laugh until I cry, play with the boys and build me amazing furniture. Two nights ago we had friends over for dinner. We realized a few hours before dinner that because they have a child we didn't have enough seating, so what did David do..he built me this:
This is a picture of the table that I found online but ours is exactly the same! Not yet painted but still. The boys are in love with it, I'm in love with it and it only took him 2 hours to build. He also built a little bench to go with it for now, but he's going to make cubby chairs to go with it. I love my crafty man!
We're getting very excited for our trip to Utah. We got our rental car reserved, plane tickets bought and now David just has to get the time off work....

3 comments:

Rae said...

I love the bench!!

Brimaca said...

Sorry I haven't had the chance to call you back. I've had to babysit a lot lately. You know how I love that. I'll call you as soon as I can.
LOVE the bench.

Kristin said...

Okay, I'm a little warped. I read "whenever I take a shower, I put on a show for the boys" several times before I realized you meant a movie and not you running around naked. Dear me! Love the bench! My David is talented, but not very handy. We're moving to South Carolina in the fall, so maybe we can meet halfway sometime...