Saturday, May 1, 2010

What I Love About the South

I haven't even lived in Biloxi for a year and yet I still get choked up thinking about moving in 3 years. So here is a list of the things that I have learned to love about the South so far....

-The Beach is a mile and a half from my house(okay I know it's not the nicest beach but it's a beach)
-Houses on stilts, kind of thought they looked funny at first but now I kinda like them
-The humidity, truly I love it. I wear less lotion, and I always feel like I am somewhere exotic every time I walk outside(although it makes my hair look like this)-The palm trees (also makes me feel like I'm somewhere exotic)
-Mardi Gras (king cakes and beads)
-Having my cold storage room upstairs(ya know so if it floods it's still safe)
sorry no picture

-My Ward. I love these people. They are wonderful. I feel as if I've always been in this ward


-Florida beaches are only 2 hours away! And they are amazing
-Red Beans and Rice!! My new favorite food I seriously crave it almost daily I can't believe I had never had it before, best food ever!!!
-Almost every week the Governor declares a state of emergency Makes it very so exciting to live here And we haven't even really had a good hurricane or tornado yet!

-And the restaurant Newks! OH MY! I love that place


-oh yeah and my house, I love love love my house






3 comments:

Brimaca said...

I can't wait to come visit! We keep talking about it and know we coming...just not when.

Michelle said...

wow..I wish I was in Biloxi! hahah Also..if you have a good red bean and rice recipe..share it. We love beans and rice! So jealous you guys live that close to a beach! :-) Glad you guys are doing well!

Rae said...

I love the South and you make me miss it even more!