On Friday I had my 6 week check up and they put in my IUD. It wasn't so bad just some cramping. While I was there I had them check a little area on the right side of my stomach that had been bothering me. It is bigger than my left side and it is SUPER painful to the touch. Well they looked at it called in another doctor and let me know that I have a hernia. Which will require surgery. And all I could think was, of course I do. Of course I need surgery. Why wouldn't I? So we are not sure when I will be able to do this but I am hoping as soon as possible. It hurts like hell and I am running out of pain pills!!! But on the plus side Drew sleeps through the night EVERY night now!!! And I can fit (well squish) into pre-pregnancy jeans.
Through all of this I am still grateful for my new son and all of this is worth it to have him here. It has been pretty rough for our family but it also has brought David and I so much closer and shown me how great he really is!!! And I have never felt so loved by friends and family.
Monday, May 12, 2008
And the hits just keep on coming....
Posted by Susan at 11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You poor thing you can't seem to catch a break. I hope you will get to have the surgery soon so you can get back to feeling completely normal. Congrats on the jeans..... now if only I could fit in mine. I am so jealous.
Geeps. God's laying it on something thick isn't he...
I hope this new surgery goes clean, and simple and easy. I'm glad I don't go under the knife a lot.
Although, the bright side is some nice relaxing time in the hospital without watching the kids.
Always a silver lining I guess.
I just saw the chalk outlines of India and Tristan. Very cute!
I am glad they caught your hernia so fast. My mom just got hers taken care of, from my 16 year old brother's birth. Turns out she just dealt with it for that long. Now she can actually walk up the stairs without too much effort.
Good Luck!
Poor Susan face! Gosh, I need to get my stupid car registered so I can come visit. Maybe I'll come anyway... I miss you!
Post a Comment