This year I am determined to make it to either Italy, Germany, or England. All places we can fly free with the Air Force. We still need to save quite a bit so we can get hotels and eat, but flying free should help out. As I've been talking to people about my excitement and plans the big question is always..who is going to watch your boys? The answer US!
Now I know that most people would not want to take their children on a trip like this. Let me just tell you this. My Husband and my boys are my FAVORITE people ever! Every once in a while I do need a break from my boys. Like a half hour or hour break. But truly, spending time playing, reading, hanging out, and cuddling with my children is what I love to do. I love talking to them, having them help me cook, clean, and sitting in my lap while I am online. I am not one that is always telling them to go play in the other room. Granted when they are right under my feet it gets a little hard, but even then I don't mind so much.
I start to miss them when they have been napping for a few hours. And I often have to go in and kiss them good night right before I go to bed. I love them so much. I am so grateful for the joy they bring into my life. I don't want to leave them behind while I go on adventures, I want them with me while I have them. Plus they travel well. In our four day drive to MS they were angels, they never threw fits, slept well in our hotels, and were absolute angels. And I guess I am bragging but hey I'm a Mom, we do that from time to time. I hope you read this someday Tristan and Drew-B. And know that you are my best friends!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
My Best Friends
Posted by Susan at 11:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I think that's awesome that you are going to take your boys with you! I think that's awesome that you're going to go period! I want to go over to Europe SO bad!!!
We love to take our kids everywhere as well. We rarely leave them and have only left M once overnight. But I have to admit a vacation with just Caleb could be good for us. Although longer than a day or two would drive me crazy.
We loved having Baylie in Italy with us. (Even though the movie Taken had me freaked out that she'd get kidnapped.) Italy and Germany will probably be cheaper than England, and the food is better too. Let me know if you want any suggestions of what to do/see. I've been to Italy and England 3 or 4 times, but only spend one day in Germany.
You are such a cute mom. I love you, Q!
Your kids are so cute and you are such a good mom Susan. I can't wait till you get to take that fun trip with your family. I can't wait to hear all about it. Miss you.
Post a Comment