Thursday, March 18, 2010

Crafts and boys(My 2 favorite things!!)

There is a new website that inspires me! http://gorgfabgoodies.blogspot.com/ Drab to Fab. I love these ladies! I can't copy too much of what they do but they have awakened a desire in me to make everything in my house look pretty and new!

Here is a wicker basket shelf that I have had for, well years. I bought it when Tristan was still a baby. I found it at a yard sale I believe, or maybe my sis-in-law Megan gave it to me not sure. But it has been white and flaking and looking oh so drab. Until today...I went and bought a four dollar can of pistachio spray paint, added some tulle and some flowers, and tada...FAB! At least to me.
*side note- I am crazy in love with tulle right now. I am looking for excuses to use it. I think it's one of the greatest things ever. Why oh why did I not have a veil when I got married?
And using the same paint as the above, I painted some two dollar frames and added some flair. We've really needed to fill in some empty space in our kitchen. I added red as accents since my pots and pans are all green and my towels are all red. Hopefully it'll help tie it all together. I'm not sure if it matches, David wasn't here to tell me, so let me know.
And now here is just a random craft. You ladies from the Lakeridge 7th Ward may recognize it. I am in charge of Super Saturday here and I stole this beauty from Annie, and bless her heart for helping me so much!!And here is a sneak peek of what I am working on next. This one is kinda big so it may take a little while. I have an entire blank white wall in my dining room to fill.

And last but not least Poppa is requesting new pictures of the boys. So here are a few.I feel I need to explain this one. He has been asking to use the potty lately. We are not actively trying to potty train him but he wants to. This is his face as he is trying to push.

4 comments:

Ara said...

Your kids are SO cute! I love what you did with that wicker basket.:) I love the colors you've used.

Erin said...

Wow! Nice makeovers and upgrades with your stuff! I can't wait to see how your window turns out. Your home is looking good!

And I can't believe Andrew is ready to potty train so early. Why is it so motivation for first children?

Brimaca said...

Very cute stuff! Especially those boys! And I think it matches but Dave does know better than I do!

Kristin said...

Love the color. Seriously very cute. And I think old windows as picture frames are very cool - especially with black and white pics.