Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Funk, Mardi Gras and other stuff...

Last month our desktop died a horrible death, and sadly we last 3 years worth of photos and over 5,000 songs from our itunes. And before you lecture me about backing up our files, we had been meaning to that very week. Ugh. We are still going to have someone look at the hard drive and see what they can recover. I'm just glad that we got our laptop the week before all that happened. Other than that I've just been in a blogging funk lately. I seem to go through spurts of blogging really well for a while and then not for several months. I wish I could say I'll get better but let's face it, I probably won't.
Yesterday was Fat Tuesday and living in the South and especially only an hour and a half from New Orleans, that means Mardi Gras fun! Last year we didn't bother with Mardi Gras but this year we went to some parades, and even bought a King Cake! It's been really fun! David did the colors(the guys who carry the flags and rifles at the very beginning of the parade) for several parades. I only took the boys to one that he was in but I'll post pics of him from my friends soon! The boys loved the parades but after two they'd had enough! They are crazy fun and we have more beads than any one person needs in a lifetime! And for Fat Tuesday we celebrated in style. We made a fort on our couch and watched Megamind with the boys and ate our King Cake!
And finally this morning we woke to the sirens going off announcing a tornado warning. So we spent the morning making a fort in our downstairs bathroom and reading Treasure Island. Every time it would thunder Andrew would say that it was trying to tickle him, and every time the sirens went off poor Tristan would panic a little. He still gets nervous when I go by a window. But the storm is mostly passed with nothing more than a little excitement. There was a rumor that a tornado landed here in Biloxi not far from us but I can't find anything on the news to prove it so I'm guessing it's just rumor.
And last but not least my entertainment center is DONE!! Enjoy the pics.


Isn't it Beautiful?






The boys with all the loot.


The Fort building has commenced!


Enjoying the fort!


Our Mardi Gras picnic.

1 comments:

Megan said...

WHAT FUN! Those are the first pictures that I have seen that really show the house, it looks amazing! Love you.