Saturday, April 2, 2011

Airey Lake

I love camping! I haven't really been able to enjoy it since Andrew was born because he was not a fan. Luckily he has finally outgrown that! We had plans to camp with some friends but they couldn't make it. David had been camping there before and since it was only half an hour away we decided to go anyway. This was our first campout as a family. We've tried it a few times before but I always ended up taking Andrew home in the middle of the night.
Airey Lake is a beautiful, peaceful, little place. And even better it's free! We had a wonderful time. It was also quite educational for me. I learned that Andrew can sleep through absolutely ANYTHING, also that he moves about every 30 seconds, and Tristan talks and giggles in his sleep. David and I didn't get much sleep but it was well worth it.
This morning Tristan woke up said good morning and then asked if it was time to go fishing yet. He is his fathers son! The boys would have fished all day, but we had to head back for conference.










0 comments: