Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Family Home Evening

David and I have been at best mediocre in our efforts to have Family Home Evening. We are generally all home on Monday nights but don't put the time and energy into planning a lesson. Well we came up with a plan and last night we had Family Home Evening. We talked about Lehi from The Book of Mormon. It was a simple lesson but the boys enjoyed it and David and I enjoyed it.
Now today, I can't say that I saw a huge difference in the boys. Andrew bit Tristan, Tristan karate chopped Andrew, and they had their squabbles and problems, but I will say that I felt differently. I felt more patient, I was more involved, and we did more. I'm not sure if this is because of our Family Home Evening but I do know what has been promised us if we do it faithfully. And I am going to strive to continue to hold regular Family Home Evenings and better my family's life.


to learn more about my faith click here

3 comments:

Emily Shaw said...

We are not very good at FHE either. I finally bought a LDS Art booklet. Sunday night we had our first 'official' FHE. I had my daughter pick a picture from the art book and it had the reference in there for us. We looked it up, read it and talked about it (Alma the Younger). It was great because I didn't have to plan it (which is what kept me from doing it before!).

Megan said...

I went to a class at Stake Relief Society Conference on FHE lessons, and here are a few FABULOUS ideas, that I am anxious to try...

Tie up your kids and talk about Nephi's journey to the promised land when Laman and Lemuel tied him up on the boat.

Dig a whole in the backyard- talk about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis and bury your own weapons of war. (fighting, biting, hitting, not sharing, etc.)

Put up a tent and talk about King Benjamin's discourse in Mosiah.

Those were just a few, I will try to remember to bring the handout when I come NEXT WEEK!!!

Meg

Kristin said...

Tiffani Chamberlain suggested that we use the nursery manual for FHE and it has been great! Before that we always felt like we were having home evening around Baylie instead of with her. We also always end with bearing testimonies. She LOVES to bear her testimony and we have so much fun hearing what she says.