To Whom it May Concern:
I am married to property of the U.S. Government. A soldier in your military. He is the most valuable thing to me. As I sit back and watch the coverage of the government shutdown, I am saddened by what I see. I hear people say that it's the republicans, or tea party's fault that it has gotten this bad. I also hear that it is the result of the democrats not being willing to work with the other side. I have also heard that it is the president playing a political game and in essence holding the military hostage until he gets his way. I hear a lot of bickering. But what I don't hear is anything from my Husband. Not anger, sadness, or even disappointment. My Husband joined the military because he believes in this country, he loves this country and he wants to do his part to keep it free. So as you consider not paying him I just have this to say. Go ahead. His dedication to preserving YOUR rights to do just that will not change. His love of this great country will not change. And to every one else I say this, let us show them that we can stand united. We will band together as soldiers, wives, family members and friends. And instead of anger let us show them that they may break our banks, ruin our credit, take food off of tables, but they will NEVER break our spirits. We are Americans, and while we may not be happy with the government, we are still proud to live in this great country that was made free by brave men and women. And free it will remain as long as there are people like my Husband that will continue to fight for what they believe in, and do it with honor.
Thank you-
Susan Redding
Friday, April 8, 2011
Posted by Susan at 4:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Really, you're going to make me cry. Love it, and love our country too, minus all the politics.
Beautifully expressed! We love you guys!
Susan-I don't know if you remember me(jessie romney) from good ol orem and four plexville. I lived on Anne circle anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for this post!! My husband is in the army and deployed to afghanistan right now. He like your hubby loves this country and loves serving. What a great outlook on the whole mess!!
Jessie-
I do remember you! How long has your Husband been gone? We haven't had to deal with a deployment yet...he's up for one this Christmas so we'll see. I hope you and your family are doing well!
Pretty freakin' awesome Susan.
Beautiful post, Susan. I'm so tired of politics. Maybe we need a military coup :)! We were dreading a shut down for a more selfish reason - we need our tax return!
Post a Comment