Monday, December 14, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me!!

Today I found the first cockroach! Not technically in my house, it was in my screen door but still they have arrived. As my friend here said, I have been welcomed by the locals! Sad, sad day. I was so upset I cried a little. I can handle earwigs, kind of, but earwigs and cockroaches....I'm not so sure I'm up for that. Oh well. I have no choice. I will endure it. It's worth it. I am so madly in love with Biloxi now. I am getting to know the wonderful ladies in my neighborhood, my ward is amazing, and I find the most wonderful people every where I go. I love the weather. I adore fog and man does it ever get foggy here. My boys are making friends and David is finally getting the hang of things and is less stressed. All in all life is good.
Another happy thing is today we got reimbursed some of the money for moving and it was more than three times what we thought it would be. So after paying bills and putting some in savings I bought myself a shirt and skirt to make me feel better. And then three books, and then...okay that was all. But it made me feel much better. (My dear Ki I thought of you when I bought these for some reason. Maybe because I knew you'd approve of the color.)

My new clothes

6 comments:

nicole said...

I love them, wanna do shopping for me too? Also Da told me the story of why Slugger is named slugger...it was cute!

Rae said...

SO dang cute!! Post pictures of you in them when they arrive! Which books did you order?

Ki said...

The flowers, the cut . . . the pink. Yes. I approve.

You'll look smashing!

Brimaca said...

Cute! Merryu Christmas to you!

Kristin said...

I can't believe it's your first roach. Do you get the roach droppings and shells left in your bowls in the cupboard? That's one thing I definitely don't miss.

Susan said...

Kristin-
We haven't found any droppings or shells in our dishes yet....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.