Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa, Friends and Bowling

****Warning Picture Overload****


Life is finally returning to normal and this weekend was wonderful!! It started Thursday night at my Church's Relief Society Christmas Dinner. I had a great time sans kids and met so many wonderful women! I am truly beginning to love my ward here.
Friday night after we put the kiddos to bed David and I enjoyed a movie night. It's been at least a month since we actually sat down together and watched a movie. We watched Blood Diamond. It was a very intense movie and a little hard for me at times but I am glad that I watched it.
Saturday was wonderful. It started out perfectly for the first time in a long time we all slept in till 9am!!! Bliss!!
David's work had a Christmas party for the children and it was so cute. They had all sorts of games, pizza, cookies, and cupcakes, and the kids met Santa(who gave them a present). The boys LOVED the games, they were all different sports type games and they were good at them!!! Every time they played the elves running the games told us to put them in sports! Drew is left handed (despite the fact that every one keep saying he'll grow out of it. He's 2 I think it's stinking around folks!) so apparently he'll make a good pitcher. Tristan made 9 out of 10 bean bags in the smallest 2 holes!


Tristan loved meeting Santa and thought he was so nice and cool, and he even knew his best friends name was India! You should have seen the shock on his face when Santa asked him if he missed her. Andrew on the other hand did NOT like Santa. He didn't cry but he was very insistent that Daddy hold him. You can see the death grip he has on David's shoulder.
After naps we went to our new friends the Smith's for a wonderful BBQ dinner. We had a great time getting to know them and meeting their rather large dogs (not sure what they were but they were bigger than Tristan). The food was delicious. Ribs, brisket, rolls, baked beans, and so much more. Yum! After we'd had our fill we met up with those crazies that David works with for bowling. They really are crazy but I love them. They are always fun to hang out with and since we are the only ones with kids the boys are very popular! The boys thought bowling was the coolest thing ever and had a hard time waiting for their turns. In the end they scored only 20 points less than me! I really am no good.
Sundays are a normally a bit rough, church is right in the middle of nap time and as you can see Drew normally crashes sometime around 4. This Sunday I was talking with another new military wife only to discover we knew each other...sort of. We both worked at the good ole BRC (Bountiful Rec Center a.k.a. Bubble). We don't really remember each other but had a good time swapping memories about our favorite workers/managers. And if you are reading this Harry R. you are by far our favorite and Slugger says hi! We enjoyed it so much that she invited us over for dinner to continue the fun. She and her Husband are great people and we are excited to have them here if only for 4 months. Biloxi is such a wonderful place and I am loving it more every week. Although I could do without all the rain!!!

4 comments:

nicole said...

I remember slugger too!! And yes I did give Da your blog address so who knows how often he checks it. Miss you guys so much!!!

Ki said...

Lovely photos. Though it is a little odd seeing David in a military haircut. . .

Harry R said...

It has been a long time since i have heard of or from slugger...or Debbie... what a small world this is. tell her hi and give me a little more info from you both. i miss teasing you Harry

Brimaca said...

That wasn't an overload! More more! I love seeing pics. I'm so glad you are happy there. So glad.