Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sara Cir

I want to show you a little place that is a small Heaven. It may appear like a kind of ghetto neighborhood, but I assure you it is far from it. There are eight fourplexes on this street. None of them are very nice (sorry guys). They have leaky ceilings, mold, holes in walls and doors, filthy carpets, and other various things that are falling apart. But if you look closely you will find something amazing. You will find a group of people who are from all different stages in life. There are single moms, newlyweds, couples that have been married for years, young families and people trying to start families. You'll find heartache, stress, loneliness, but also happiness, faith, and love. You'll find that if you ever need, a babysitter, a screwdriver, someone to kill a bug, an ingredient for dinner, chocolate, a shoulder to cry on, and ear to vent to, a friend, there are plenty of people with open doors there to help. You'll find impromptu parties, BBQ's, and evening gatherings on front lawns. You'll find somewhere to feel at home. So if you ever go there do me a favor....tell Vicky that I miss her, tell Bonnie that those afternoons on the steps helped me get through some rough times, tell McKenna that I've never met a woman as strong, brave or true to themselves as her,tell Janel (you'll always be a part of the cir even though you've moved) that her chocolate and comfort helped me so much, tell Tasha and Becca that I couldn't have asked for better neighbors, tell Hailey that even though she denies it she is a warm giving person who has an uncanny ability to reach out to people at the very moment they need it, and tell Erin that there will never be another friend like her. That without her, I'd probably would have been stung by bees, have plenty of unfinished meals, killed my kids, and been so lonely and just gone crazy. I love you all Sara Cir.

11 comments:

kenna said...

Tell Susan I've never met anyone more willing to love and care for an individual, no matter their past or present.

Tell David that I've never had anyone (besides Josh) so willing to kick someone else in the ass for me.

Tell those boys I love them like they are my own, and my heart misses them.

Most importantly, tell everyone that we love them, and MISS them, but know the adventure that await are going to be SO worth it.

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

I'm crying! We miss you guys! The other day Lexi and Carter were fighting....like they often do...and Lexi says..."WELL I'm gona marry Tristan!" Carter thinks for just a moment...like that was supposed to hurt him...and responds "So, I'm gona marry India!" I had to laugh! Carter asked when we got to invited Tristan for dinner....sigh....you are right Sara Cir is a small bit of heaven! And I miss it everyday...even though I'm only 3 miles away. Let us know when you are coming back for a visit!!

Brimaca said...

I'm so glad you were happy there. :)

Erin said...

I'm balling my eyes out again (would you quit doing that to me Susan?) The only other time I've sobbed and gone into mourning (besides the day you moved) is when my sister went on her mission. You are my adopted sister! That was the sweetest post I've ever read.

I'm glad Kenna posted first so I could laugh!

We miss you like crazy. You will no doubt make Biloxi like a part of heaven too.

Katie said...

I think you summed up Sara circle very well! You don't realize what you have till you don't have it. I hope you guys are enjoying your new place.

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

We miss you guys so much! Whenever Bella sees someone outside our window she still says, "Susan?" I know she misses you guys too. You really were such a great neighbor too. I hope you guys are having fun!

The Graffs said...

What a wonderful post! We miss you so much! This is definitely a wonderful place to live, but its just not the same without your fabulous family! Ella still always wants to go play with Tristan and Andrew. Im so glad you guys are getting settled over there. It looks like you have an awesome place to live and I know that you can make it feel like home!

Kristin said...

Maybe you guys could do a poorer version of Desperate Housewives...

I don't live on Sara, but I sure love this neighborhood.

Ben said...

A fitting tribute to a wonderful place. Thanks.

Rebecka said...

Sue, I'm in the computer lab bawling. Miss you.

Behunin happenins said...

I really miss Sarah Circle too. I feel that I'm never going to be able have such close friends again who are going through the same heart ache