
Well our second weekend here is MS was fun filled! Last night we went to a BBQ place in Ocean Springs called The Shed. It is a big indoor\outdoor restaurant, filled with wooden tables and benches and tube lighting. Outside there is a stage and they have live music. Loud live music. We went for a work party and I finally got to meet the people David has been talking about for a while.
The boys were a little unsure at first due to it being around bedtime, all the people and loud noises, but they warmed up after a bit and were a huge hit. We stayed until almost 10 and had a wonderful time and ate some of the best BBQ I've ever had in my life!

This morning we all slept in and it was blissful! Breakfast was a family event with everyone participating. I never knew scrambled eggs could involve so much! But it was fun. This afternoon after David bought himself a new lawn mower (a.k.a. a new toy, he was actually excited to mow the lawn), we headed over to the Humane Society and adopted two new kitties! We don't get to bring them home until next week. They are both male, and about 3 months old. Rocky is a black cat with grey stripes and Mickey is an orange cat. Both short haired and sweet, we think anyway. They are getting neutered on Monday and after they recover we can go pick them up. They are normally forty dollars each but there was a donor that paid for all the cats fees so for us they were free! I love that. We haven't really told the boys yet, but they both really love cats so I know they will be thrilled. We thought now would be a good time to get a pet since Tristan is so lonely and could use some cheering up. They are going to be strictly indoor cats! Hopefull they can catch the mouse that left the lovely present in my bathroom sink this morning. 

And tonight we finally celebrated Tristan's third birthday. He got most of his presents before we came to MS and then while we were staying in the temp housing. So tonight he only got two presents but he loved them! He got a train set from Mommy and Daddy and a play mat from Grandma and Grandpa. Don't mind the bruises or black eye Drew has. He's been a clutz lately. Really! Poor kid keeps tripping and falling on things.


Saturday, October 3, 2009
Weekend Fun at the Reddings
Posted by Susan at 5:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Love the monkey pajamas. Do they come in my size?
Susan, you are looking GOOD! Dave too! And your babies, bruises and all! Beautiful family.
So great to see you all together again. And the house looks beautiful. Sounds like your are loving life right now and I'm so glad!
Wow Drew has changed a ton! He looks so grown up. I bet they will love the kitties. You'll have fun keeping drew from pulling their tells probably! :)
Glad you had such a great weekend!
Hey post the new pic on the right in a post so I can see it bigger!
Love your pictures! I am glad you are enjoying your new home. Your little ones have gotten so big!
Post a Comment