Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Busy busy busy

So I'm not gonna lie, we've actually had the Internet for about a month. I have just been a total slacker when it comes to blogging. That and I have never been busier in my life.
I know you are all dying to know what has been going on so I'll fill you in. We are still waiting on the Air Force for David. He has a new recruiting officer that he just got two weeks ago and he told him that the last recruiter wasn't totally truthful. So we had to do a few things over and now we are still waiting on a medical release for David's knee(which we were told previously that we didn't need). He had ACL replacement surgery when we were first married and still has the screw in his knee. But that is the only thing holding us back...thus far. He quit his job for Rocky Mountain since they just kept cutting back his hours and he wasn't working enough to provide for our little family. He now works for Parley's Hardware in sales. Yesterday was his first day and he surpassed their expectations and his own. I am so very proud of all he is willing to do for us. He truly is a great man.
I still am at home with the boys all day and never able to acomplish all that I want. I used to think that I didn't have enough things to do to fill my time, but that has changed greatly as my boys get older ands more active. I spend most of my time cleaning, teaching Tristan new things and keeping Andrew from killing himself. I also am trying to get crafty and I have started a few new projects. And lastly I have started working ut on a semi-regular basis. Hopefully I will be able to walk around the block without running out of breath soon!
Tristan is doing so well. He is a little sponge and never forgets anything. He constatly reminds me of things I have said and promised which is both good and bad. He sings songs after hearing them only two or three times, and yet he has a hard time remembering rules. We are working on his ABC's and he is obcessed. But it is also something that he has a hard time remembering. He is my little man and really one of my best friends.
Andrew, fondly called Drew-B, will be the death of me. The kid has no fear and climbs up or on anything he can. We were at Wal-Mart the other day and the cart had no buckle, no big deal since he no longer falls from side to side. Well I got up to the register and Tristan and I started unloading the cart onto the belt. Next thing I know Tristan is saying "Uh oh Mommy, Drew climbed out." And sure enough he was sitting up on the belt all proud of himself. He is constantly getting himself bumped and bruised and is so fast I can barely keep up. He also repeats almost anything. Tristan teaches him most of what he says. His favorite things to say are "Dada (he's a Daddy's boy), Ball, Cha Cha (means Tristan), Drew, No, Yes, Yay, Doggie, Woof and Krystal (his babysitter)". He REFUSES to say Mama anymore and will only say Dada. He also has a funny quirk were he will only sleep in his crib or on our niegbor Kenna's chest.
Well folks thats about all and I really feel like I just wrote one of those Christmas letters, hope it wasn't too boring. I might post about Christmas later and I might not. I'll try and keep up now but we'll see.

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

Researching some things for scouts and wahlaa susan finally has an update. yay! It was great to see you and the cute boys. things are great here. it's nice to be home. malachi is back to his cute self not that crying little stinker i took to utah with me. and he's pretty much potty trained! he hasn't had an accident today however i by no mean think that means he won't have one soon. love ya!

kenna said...

Nice, my rack totally got props on your blog. Don't you think Drew likes me for me?

Susan said...

I'm pretty sure he does Kenna seeing as how you are the first person he ever waved to and every time we say your name he looks around for you.