Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blankies and Prayers

I am so tired. I am barely functioning in my day to day tasks. I haven't been sleeping well at all and man is it obvious. My dear sweet 3 yr old noticed that I was tired yesterday and so he ever so carefully made me a bed on the couch with his favorite blankie. He took my hand and brought me over to the bed told me to lay down and then gently placed the blanket over me. He then said "This blanket will keep your bones warm and make you feel better."

Same said 3 yr old said this in his prayer last night: "Thank you for the grass, thank you for our lawn mower, thank you for our carpet and our camp chairs, thank you for our food that we make and our food that we throw away, thank you for our stairs and for toys."

He remembers to be thankful for the sweetest things!

7 comments:

Ki said...

Yeah. I know why I had kids. Aren't they lovely?

Mandy said...

So cute! How easy do we forget all the things to be thankful for!

Chelsea said...

What a sweetie!And it sounds like you won't have to remind him about starving children in China. ;)

nicole said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe he's three!?!

Chani said...

What a Darling! I love it when our little ones have moments of insight and affection!

Ara said...

That is so cute. I seriously think we all need to remember to be thankful for even the little things.

Kristin said...

Love that prayer, especially "the food that we throw away."