Monday, June 14, 2010

Cute Right?


This little guy is adorable right? It's not just me is it? Well let me tell you a little story. Drew wakes up about an hour before Tristan each day. I enjoy that time alone with him. We snuggle, read books and just enjoy the quiet morning. Yesterday morning around 8:30 I went up to wake Tristan up. He's not a morning person and it takes like 10 minutes to coax him out of bed. Now when I left Drew he was happily watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. When we came down, he was stuffing Oreos in his face. Now these Oreos are on the the TOP shelf in my pantry, so he climb up to the top to get them!
Moving on to later that day, David was at work, Tristan and I were in the kitchen getting a drink, Tristan was talking loud, the dishwasher was running, and the faucet was running it was just loud in the kitchen. I was listening in rapt attention to Tristan when I heard the doorbell. I open the door and there stands a nice neighbor with Drew in tow. He had unlocked the deadbolt unlocked the screen and sneaked out and tried to run to the park! Excuse me! What the crap kid! And finally last night, again David still at work, I was trying to sleep and I started hearing noises. I got up and noticed lights on downstairs. A little worried I crept downstairs to see my little munchkin re-arranging my silverware drawer! Seriously!?!?! At that point I threw up my hands and did what any Mother trying to cling to sanity would do...I laughed so hard I cried. Then I took his little hiney to bed and told him he was to stay there until I came to get him. This child is cute sure but he is trying his darndest to keep me on my toes. To make up for it all though he is a great snuggler and gives the best little kisses. I love you Drew-B but please please stay away from the knife drawer.

7 comments:

Brimaca said...

Oh no! And escape artist! My friend here has one of those. It's hard. They get out of everything. She finally had to get a lock for the very top of all her doors. It seems to work but sometimes he still finds a way out. I feel for you. God knows what he is doing when he makes the fiesty ones so adorable.

McDougal Family said...

My Little Kaleb is the same way!!! He hasn't quite figured out the door opening yet but he is the cutest little bug and no one ever believes me when I say that he is my little monster in disguise untill they spend a few hours with him. Kinda reminds me of My brother Sam. ;)

Rae said...

He is DARLING....and you can totally see the mischief in his face. :) I'm sure he's giving you a run for your money, but boy, is he cute!!

Kristin said...

Oh man. Baylie can open the door so I always do the deadbolt. She hasn't learned to open that yet. She's a climber too though. It drives me crazy!

Megan said...

yikes! I feel for you, Olivia has only a fraction of that curiosity. ho w us your running going?

Franna and Jon Larsen said...

Oh my goodness Susan!!!!! YIKES!!!! You are gonna have to start installing alarms at every door and window so you know when hes leaving. Crazy two year old boys... they DEFINITELY are a handful! :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Susan,

Your Drew has something in common with his great uncle Robin. Apparently it was a daily sight in the neighborhood when Robin was a toddler. Your grandmother would put him and Michael down for a nap and take one herself. Robin always awoke early and let himself out the front door. The neighbor ladies enjoyed the daily show of Robin toddling out the door and down the street and your grandmother running after him.