The oil spill has finally come to Biloxi. It's still a little ways out but they closed down our fishing and shrimping on Sunday. Also it hit the beaches in Ocean Springs which is just over the bridge from us. We were spared for so long due to our barrier islands but they could only do so much. Our beaches are still open for now...
My running is going well. Last night I ran a 10 1/2 minute mile. I'm not sure if that's good or not but David was impressed and that is good enough for me. Then my second mile was 12 minutes. Yeah this is still hard for me. But getting better. I don't know if I've said this before but I both dread and can't wait for the next time I go running. I was thrilled last night that it cooled down to almost 85 for my run. It was still pretty humid but it felt better than most nights when it's 90 or more.
David's last night on the night shift is Thursday! I am so stinking excited. This has been a crappy month. We hardly see him even on his days off. And the good news is they are keeping him in A&D (can't remember what it stands for). He is switching to day shift! So instead of 6pm to 6am he'll work the opposite 6am to 6pm. And he gets 15 days off a month! Although next month he's taking like twenty days off so we can go to UTAH!! We are so excited. I've already started the deep cleaning my house needs before and planning the things to pack to keep the boys happy on our flight! Now just pray that a hurricane does not disrupt our plans. PLEASE!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Oil Spill, Running, and Night Shift
Posted by Susan at 9:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm the same with running. I somewhat dread heading out but the accomplished feeling I get afterwards - nothing compares. It's a rush! I think 10.5 is great! I've never calculated the miles separately but my fastest time at a 5k is 33 min. It won't win a race, but you won't come in last either!
10.5 minute mile is awesome!!! That's better than me! Way to go!
I am SO impressed by your running! Keep it UP! I'll be praying that everything goes perfectly well for your Utah visit.
Post a Comment