Thursday, July 31, 2008

And so it begins

I should preface this by saying that I love my child dearly.....most days. Today Tristan and I had a 2 1/2 hour power struggle over picking up his bowl of spilled (dry) Kix. He had several time outs and 2 short naps and I took away his bear, dog, other bear and blankie and he still REFUSED to pick them up. At one point while he was in his room I had to call my Sis in law and have her calm me down because I was shaking, I was so mad. But all I have to say is Mommy-1 Toddler-0. Welcome the to "terrible twos".
....Mommy come home soon I really need to talk to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rae said...

I totally understand!! :) I have found that bribery is completely underrated, and by that I mean that it works REALLY well to have something that they GET for doing whatever task (in this case, cleaning up the Kix)you've asked them to do, rather than taking stuff AWAY until they do it. At least that works with my boys. :) They're all about rewards! Hee hee....anyway, good job sticking to your guns!!

Johnson Family said...

You poor thing I feel your pain I wish I could tell you 3 was better but in Ethan's case no such luck. good job sticking it out I am weak and I probably would have given in and just picked them up myself. I definately need to be more like you.