Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scottish Festival



Rednecks Unite!!! If you are ever looking for a fun(free) good time the Payson Scottish Festival is sure to provide!!! It's always in July and lots of fun. David and I have gone the past few years and have loved it every time. They have a bagpipe parade at around 9am and then they have booths, a battle of the bands, those crazy Scottish games, people in kilts and other crazy costumes and so much more!!!! We love to get yummy food and watch the games and dancers. This year was the first year Tristan really cared and man, he was enthralled!! He loved to watch the dancers and everyone who was playing a bagpipe. He sat still for the longest, thus far in his life, to watch the dancers. They were these adorable kids!! I got a few pictures of them but the pictures weren't that great. While we were there we got to meet Miss Payson and her 2 attendants, and Tristan got to get his picture with them. We also hung out with David's Dad and went to find out things about their clans, sadly no one from either clan they are from was at the festival.
Our next fun event in Utah Valley....The Llama Festival in Spanish Fork!!!(on Saturday!!)

Below is Tristan with Miss Payson, and he is pointing to where clan MacKay came from (MacKay is his middle name).

6 comments:

Crystal Liechty said...

So cute! Though I'm Irish, so doesn't that mean we should hate each other?

Hales Family said...

HAHAHA Rednecks Unite!!! My Dad sets up a booth there every year! He's one of those wierdos walking around in glengaries(sp?) and a kilt! Clan MacThomas baby... YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, let me know next time and we'll definately come! I love anything Scotish or Irish...wish I could claim I'm from there too.

malibumoons said...

That's cool. Reading that comment totally reminded me of Scott McDonald. Didn't he get married in a kilt? Oh....the good ole bubble days.

Brimaca said...

Fun! Did you go the year we lived there? I don't even remember hearing about it. That pic of you two is cute. Good looking people!

Desta said...

I can't believe we didn't run into each other. We totally went. Uh, and we totally live like 1 mile away from that park.