Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update on the hair


and the kid who grows it....
Well I finally had it shaved off. It was too much of a hassle to try and keep it spiked and the glue we used never really washed out, no matter how hard I scrubbed!!! So yesterday it it left. Yes it was cute but it was time to move on. Personally I think the kid is cute no matter what, but that's just me.
These past few days Tristan has been cracking me up with the stuff he says. Whenever David and I chase him and tickle him we say "I get you". And he says it back to us. Well the other day I was blowing bubbles and he was chasing them saying " I get you bubbles, I get you". And then squealing with laughter.
We are teaching him to pray lately and though it takes several minutes to say a prayer since we have to say each word separately for him to repeat us, it is the sweetest thing ever. Last night he said his first prayer for bed and I almost couldn't stop laughing. As we were praying I was having him repeat me and when I got to the phrase I love you, I just said the whole thing since I know he knows how to say it. Well after I said that he turned to me, peeked and said, I love you too Mommy and then turned back and bowed his head again. Maybe you had to be there but my stomach hurt from trying not to laugh until after we finished prayer.
He used to wake up so happy but these days he wakes up grumpy. Well this morning was no different. He was GRUMPY!!! Just crying, whining, hitting, and mad that Daddy had the gall to go to work instead of stay home and play with him. So I asked him "Would you like pancakes for breakfast?" If pancakes isn't the magic word I don't know what is. That's all he asks for all the time now. Every meal!!

Just one more quick thing. He is doing this new thing where he says the end of a word several times. Like ouch, he says "ouch ch ch ch". And pancake is "pancake k k k". It's too funny. And he kinda whispers the last part. Funny boy. He makes me laugh everyday.

We are entering the terrible twos thats for sure. He spends quite a bit of time in that corner!!! But sometimes he is too stubborn to obey.

6 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Though the mow hawk was cute I like the buzz better. I miss you guys, but guys what my bro is engaged and getting married in Bountiful on Nov 22 so ready or not here we come.

Hales Family said...

That is so funny! Lindsy used to the the trailing words thing too! The best was when we were teaching her how to say Kevin's mom's name (Juanita) She'd say "Wah... Ni.... Tuh, kita, kita, kita!" It was so funny! Especially since the "kita kita" part was uber high pitched!

Your boys are adorable! (oh and I have to say that your Dad looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him! Too funny!)

Rae said...

I LOVE the pancake picture!!!

Rebecka said...

I love seeing your photos and hearing all the fun things your boys are doing.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

It was so good to see you! Your boys are cuter than ever! I'm glad you are a blogger so that we can keep in touch!

Crystal Liechty said...

That reminds me, I've finally started putting Griff in the corner! Now, all I have to do is say "no, no. corner." And he'll put himself there. Though I predict once the novelty has worn off he'll stop being so accomodating.