Monday, April 28, 2008

Better Days

I gotta admit today has not been so bad. I am still miserable with the hives and itching, I think that this medicine is not working so far!! But I am not giving up!! I am trying to stay sane and not freak out to bad on David or Tristan. It's been a pretty rocky ride these past few weeks but thanks to the sun, warm weather, naps and talking with nieghbors I think I'll survive.
I am trying this new thing a friend taught me. I do things in 15 minutes incrimints. I have a very short attention span and today it has worked great. I set the timer and do dishes, then the next 15 minutes I'll do laundry or clean the living room. I move around a lot and it's something that would drive David crazy but it has worked great for me. I actually got a lot of cleaning done today and both my kids are fed, dressed, and we all got good naps!! Good day!! I am trying to stay positive about it all. Andrew has started smiling like crazy. Especially if I make faces or funny noises, and when I am feeling overwhelmed I sit down with him and Tristan and play. It's been good. I never thought I could love anyone as much as I do Tristan but I sure do. Andrew is amazing and we love having him!!!

p.s. sorry if all my post are all over the place, I have a hard time focusing!!!

4 comments:

kenna said...

It's your blog so you can be all over the place all the time if you please.

I like the 15 minute idea...

Hang in there. I know it's hard, well, I probably don't because I don't have two children to juggle, but you are a tough cookie and please, let me know if you need anything. I'm great with providing cookies, ice cream, and chocolate milk breaks.

Ki said...

You have always struck me as the type that just naturally operates in 15 minute spazes. If it works, work it!

Chani said...

15 minutes works well with me too! For me, it is cause I get caught up in something and then don't do the necessary stuff.

I learned it from www.flylady.net, and I LOVE her system.

I hope that your water retention leaves soon, Love You!!!

Brimaca said...

Keep drinking that water! The more you drink the less you'll retain. I know it sounds odd, but it's true. I'm glad you had a better day. I miss you. I hope it just keeps getting better and better. Can we see more pics? (Can I add to your list of things to do?)?