Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Honesty

I gotta be honest. Last night when Drew was waking up every 20 minutes and thinking he was hungry I almost lost it. At 4 am if David hadn't come out and taken him from me I would have gone crazy!! Thank you David for giving up your sleep to help your crazed wife. I would never harm my baby, but that doesn't mean that at 4 am after no sleep what so ever I haven't thought about giving this baby back to the hospital!!! I love my little Drew, however I also love sleep, so we are at in impasse. Well he's crying agian. I need to go cuddle and love him and remember why I love being a Mother.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe, the fabulous news is that the sleepless stage is really so short-- comparitivly. Best of luck surviving, and kudos to David.

-Ki

Brimaca said...

Short lasting for some people. Remember Malachi! But you are better at teaching yours to sleep. Thank gooness Libby is doing better than he did. I know exactly what you mean again. Back around the stage you are at I got really upset one night and had no intention of hurting her but Caleb was scared enough he finally got out of bed and helped out a little. Sometimes all I need is someone to talk to me while I'm up for the millionth time in one night. Last week was pretty bad and I had a night where I flung her door open and marched up to the crib, "What is wrong with you!" and marched back out until I could calm down. Then I went back apologized an cuddled my sweet little angel. Caleb has said a few times since we've had kids that he just admires anyone whose kids are still alive.

Johnson Family said...

If I could I would hop in my car and drive the 9 hours to come help, and let you take a much needed nap! I can't do that but I do understand your pain and feel the same way with my kiddos all the time. I am here anytime you need to talk.

Rae said...

I feel your pain! Give me a call any time you need to--I'll message you my number.