Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Babysitting Co-op, Garbage, and Running

Since leaving Utah I lost my favorite babysitter, India...no my lovely neighbor Erin. She and I used to swap. She'd watch my boys when I needed and I'd watch her girls when she needed. It was a beautiful thing. Here in grand ole Biloxi I wasn't sure what to do. There are very few Young Women in my church and I really can't afford to pay for one anyway. So I was thrilled when my playgroup asked if we wanted to start a babysitting co-op. It's a beautiful thing. I babysit 7 children with one other Mommy one Saturday and then I get a 4 HOUR DATE with my Honey the next Saturday!! It is so worth it. The children are adorable and fun. We play at the park, eat mac and cheese, have popsicles, and jump on my enormous couch. Last weekend was my turn to babysit, so this weekend I get to go out! Ah happy day. Now to decide what to do.
Also our neighbors were getting rid of this beauty a few days ago. Put it by the curb for the garbage men. David and I couldn't believe it. We've been wanting to get one for the boys for a while but it's too expensive. We swiped it cleaned it up and the boys have been playing with it non-stop.
And last night I did my second day of training for my 5K. I'm a little behind but the boys were sick all last week and I got a sinus infection right after them. David ran with me this time. It was a lot easier with him. I actually loved it. Running with David is so much fun! We had a wonderful time. Even if it was almost 90 outside! Summer is almost here. It was 87 degrees by ten thirty yesterday. I'm glad our pool is opening up this Saturday.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Awesome curbside treasure! And great job running! I expect you to report your date this weekend ;)

Brimaca said...

It's hot here too! Good job running! And I'm super jealous of your find.

Kristin said...

I can't believe they were getting rid of that AWESOME kitchen. My sister does a co-op and it seems like an awesome thing. I can't believe we haven't started one in this ward.