Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My First 5K

For the past few months I've been wanting to start training for a 5K. David runs one 3 days a week for his PT(physical training) and he's been wanting me to be able to do it too. So I am finally doing it. My sister in law Megan inspired me, and gave me the know how with this website, http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml.
So I am going to go from this:
To this:

We are going to run the Mapleton City Pioneer Day 5k (not sure if that's the official title). I am very excited. Today is supposed to be my first day running. So of course BOTH Andrew and Tristan have fever's of 103 and are throwing up! Oh well I may just have to do it tonight in the storm. We also ordered my this beauty last night to make it easier for me to do it. But do it I will! I can't wait Megan we are going to kick butt!!

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

Good luck! I love running races!

nicole said...

Very cool! I'm way excited for you & the adventure of running that awaits you. Also a tad jealous as I've attempted running but it hurt my knees too much, I know I know. Excuses are for lame people...guess I'm lame.

Michelle said...

good for you girl!! Good luck!