Monday, March 10, 2008

Playing with Cousins

Yesterday we went to David's brothers house to help him (Aaron) and his wife Alicia redo their kitchen. David helped with the construction part and I helped with watching the kids. It was such a nice day I just sat outside and watched the kids run around and play. Tristan loves his cousin Cloe and follows her around trying to do everything she does. And she is so sweet and patient with him. It was a pretty fun time. Little Everett is so adorable and sweet and such an easy going kid. As long as I am holding him, he is happy as a clam and would be for hours.

Tristan is going through a stage where he won't eat more than two bites in an entire day and then a few days later will eat everything he can get his hands on. It's a little crazy and stressful for me. The doctor assures me that it's normal and comes with the teething territory, but it doesn't make me feel any better when he doesn't eat. Yesterday was just such a day and I wanted to pull my hair out. Luckily David was home and very patient with both Tristan and me.
He's been so amazing these past few days. He has cleaned the house, made dinner both Saturday and Sunday and folded our laundry. I really am so lucky to have him in my life. I love you David!!! He also puts up with my crazy pregnancy hormones. He swears that they are not bad and that I am not beasty to him but I'm not sure. Last night we were watching our current favorite show Monarch of the Glen (a BBC drama about a Scottish family), and a character is killed. I was just crying my eyes out like it was someone that I personally knew and had a relationship with!! It was sad. But David just held me and let me cry over this fictional character like it was a totally normal thing. He never said a word. He is just so great!!

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

M still does that eating thing. He sometimes won't eat hardly a thing for a week and then eats everything we own the next week. Yay for David for being so awesome1

Susan said...

I know he is being so great. I hate this food thing. I wish he could just feed himself!!

nicole said...

We love that show & watch it whenever we can. Thank you so much for your blogs, they are wonderful to read how your doing. Miss ya bunches!